Jul 7, 2005

afghans for Afghans

September 16.

That is the deadline for the next afghans for Afghans shipment.

My reasons for posting this are twofold:

1) Get you interested in the cause. No matter whether or not you support the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, this project is fantastic for providing warm clothes to Afghan refugees.

2) Make me accountable to finishing and finally shipping some things to the project. I could go on about how busy I've become, or other projects I think I should be working on, blah, blah, blah. But the truth is that I have a stash I need to knit up before I move cross country (and that would make perfect booties). And doing so would be perfect therapy while I scream at the television at Shrub's latest bad acts.

Tonight I will take stock of what I have and how much I think I can reasonably finish and post a specific list.

So there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

I should really send in something too... let me take a look at the info.

7/07/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home