Apr 24, 2006

Nose to the Grindstone*

Here's the Prairie Tunic in a pose that's very common for me these days**.

P4240005

The Nationals cap serves to keep the sun out of my eyes while I'm working, thereby (hopefully) warding off the ever-increasing migraines.

A lot of you have wondered what I'm wearing under the tunic. The beauty of this pattern and fiber combination is that you can wear it with something silky and elegant underneath, or with a wife-beater and these***:

P4240006

* or, 'A Portrait of Desperation'
** Actually, I've had this pose much of my life, as evidenced by this seventies-rific photo of me an' my dad (Hi, Dad! Nice glasses! tee hee):


***warning - obsessive writing and tunic knitting may result in Stubbly Leg Syndrome

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, no chance that the stress of the dissertation itself is contributing to the migraines?! :)

Hopefully you have good drugs to deal with 'em.

4/24/2006  
Blogger Ashley said...

Ah, ok--I'm seeing the possibilities of the tunic now. I like it.

And Chris is right--get that stress out of your life, and boy will your head feel better.

4/24/2006  
Blogger janna said...

Remember to try to relax occasionally -- pull out some easy knitting and your favorite Trixie Belden and chill a bit.....

4/24/2006  
Blogger carrie said...

so sorry about the migraines. please take care of yourself!

and that picture of your dad is fantastic! baby blue trouser rock.

4/24/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the tunic and wife-beater combo with sneakers. Very inspiring.

That reminds me, I'm supposed to be in the exact same pose right now...(I'm even wearing a ballcap)

4/25/2006  
Blogger Peevish said...

Okay, I'm gonna stick my neck out here - what's a wife beater??

4/25/2006  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

Love your fashion combo. I'm inspired. Hope your dissertation is coming along!

4/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home