Apr 21, 2006

Dawn of the Sunrise Circle Jacket

Red Knit Picks

Remember when I told you that I ordered some chocolate yarn from Knit Picks to make a pair of Rib and Cable Mitts for myself?

Ummm, I didn't exactly tell the full story.

I have a lot of strange obsessions. The one relevant to this story is that I love to shop on the 'net but I HATEHATEHATE to pay shipping. So, I take almost every opportunity offered to get things delivered right to my doorstep - for free!

Even if I'm ordering one $1.79 ball of yarn and the order has to be a minimum of $40 to get it.

Yada-yada-yada, I was planning to make this, anyway, and the yarn is so cheap. So I don't actually feel that guilty.

Even more stockinette may seem boring, but it's just what the doctor ordered for mindless nighttime knitting.

Dawn of the Sunrise Circle Jacket

6 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

This is exactly how I got suckered into joining Amazon Prime, and why I always end up haveing $150 of Gap merchandise show up on my stoop instead of just the t-shirt which is the only thing I need. Sigh.

4/21/2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee. I think Amazon makes a fortune on this very tendency. And how amusing that I'm reading this as I'm currently at knitpicks, ordering $30 of additional yarn beyond what I actually need, so I can get free shipping...

4/21/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazon and Chapters (Cdn) sucker me in too for the free shipping. But, in our defence, when does one NOT need more books and yarn?

4/21/2006  
Blogger jlmack said...

I crave colour. I crave yellow... a bright, sunshine yellow. But I also crave red, and that yarn is gorgeous. I'm the same with payin post, too. Boo.
And that Prairie Tunic is fabulous, too.

4/23/2006  
Blogger Peevish said...

That yarn is a beautiful colour! I wish KnitPicks would get their act together and let us Australians impoverish ourselves like the rest of you!

4/23/2006  
Blogger the knitrider said...

your tunic looks great! and dont feel guilty i think most of us will do anything to get free shipping.

4/24/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home