Jul 1, 2006

I live in a nice neighborhood

I'm declaring an Independence Day for myself this weekend and logging off.

Before I go, I have to tell you this story. I was just outside mowing the front yard thinking 'wow, I'm surprised I haven't been ticketed for this weedy mess yet' when this guy approaches me with his baby from across the street. I'm thinking 'oh shit, what is he going to harrass me about?' and he introduced himself and his child to me.

To welcome me to the neighborhood.

Go figure.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That man needs a bib for his baby! :)

Have a great weekend!

7/01/2006  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

your officially a grown up/ or home owner... you pick ;)

7/01/2006  
Blogger Kathy said...

Congrats on having a nice neighbor! That's so rare these days.

7/01/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray for nice neighbors! You got lucky. I have friends that bought a house in lake county and their neighbors are scary white trash.

7/02/2006  
Blogger Ashley said...

PAthetic, that it's so surprising when soemthing like that happens, but it totally is. I was just saying so across the fence to my neighbor yesterday!

7/03/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! I left Lake county, Hammond IN this year. We were fed up. We sold our house cheap and bought a small place in the next county over. HUGE diffrence!!!

The neighbors brought over goodies to welcome us!

That has never happened before except for when I lived in a small NW CA town.

7/23/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home