Mar 8, 2006

Berry Preppy

Berry Preppy

I am nearly finished with the second Fibertrends 'Felted Clog' for Rock Star. They are in Mauch Chunky 'Raspberry,' Blueberry,' and 'Walnut.' Yummy! I'm calling them 'Berry Preppy.'

In other exciting yarn news, I received my order from Loop for the fingerless mitts from the new IK - all quick and painless-like. I just keep petting it while I'm finishing those slippers (It's Khromas in 'Aegean' and 'Melon').

New Project!

If they're in Philly, why did I order the yarn? Because I am too busy to drive there and reallyreally wanted it before I left for Spring Break. Bonus news on the yarn front: I sold enough old CDs and books on Amazon this month to pay for this purchase and also the yarn I ordered for the Prairie Tunic.

Spring Break update:
I drove to Chicago Saturday to finally hang out with Rock Star and these guys:
Home Stretch
So What?

If you live in Chicago and are an old friend and haven't heard from me, please understand that Rock Star and I haven't seen each other for two months and we're feeling a little anti-social. We are going to have So Much Fun when I finally move here in May, okay? In the meantime, I *will* try to call you.

Last post update:
I am trying to learn to worry about things that only I have control over. This is very hard for me, but it does have consequences. I had a migraine the end of last week - which is why I haven't been posting.

Self challenge update:
The migraine threw me a curve ball, but I'm pushing ahead with Week 3. So far I've gone on some nice, brisk walks along the lakefront.

Diss update:
Trying to get another draft to my advisor, promised Monday and it's already Wednesday. Another reason I'm pretty anti-social and anxious these days.

On one of my walks yesterday, I noticed this:
Bad Sign

Eliminating dogs will certainly not aid my enjoyment! :-(

8 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

so sorry about the migraines! hang in there.

3/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great that you got to see your little family! 2 months!?! You must have been going crazy.

Every time I see yuck-mouth I want to kiss his nose.

I love those fingerless mitts in IK, can't wait to see them.

3/08/2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I'm glad you're getting to spend time with your family over your break!! But bummer about the migraine - they always really mess me up, too.

Heh, great sign!

3/08/2006  
Blogger jlmack said...

Migraines suck.
I love, love, love the yarn... can't wait to see the mitts.
I'm going to pick up IK tonight, I hope.

3/08/2006  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Awwwwww, cute animals! I hope work and headaches get better and that you and Rock Star have a great time together!

3/08/2006  
Blogger janna said...

One of the hardest things in life is to learn to stop trying to control the uncontrollable. For some of us, it's almost impossible. I have trouble drawing the line between not worrying about the uncontrollable and just not giving a shit, if you know what I mean.....

I'm so glad you're able to spend spring break with Rock Star and the 'kids' - I bet they're all glad to see you!

3/08/2006  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I want to cuddle and kiss yuck-mouth! What an adorable picture!!!

3/09/2006  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

okay, its hard for me to remember everything i want to say! good luck on the diisertation... i hear you about migraines! i should take out stock for Zomig! love the yarn for the fingerless mittens looks myu soft! the colors of the clogs are perfect amanda.

3/09/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home