Mar 25, 2006

Dear Cingular

Dear Cingular:

You suck.

Rock Star and I decided to get your 'family' plan and just signed a 2-year agreement. Now I wonder how exactly you pull off the 'family' part when you will not allow me to associate my name with my number and the account, half of which I will be paying.

The most basic problem associated with this is that Rock Star's last name is 'Star.' Mine is not, nor will be. It is and will remain 'Monkey.' Lots of people know me as 'Monkey' and a few of them have no clue what Rock Star's last name even is. So when they see 'Star' on their caller ID, they are not going to be likely to answer the phone.

Not to mention that HELLO I don't belong to him! Why should his name come up with my number?! AND I CAN'T SEND YOU FEEDBACK THROUGH OUR ACCOUNT WEBPAGE BECAUSE THE ANSWER WILL GO TO HIM SINCE MY EMAIL CAN'T BE ON THE ACCOUNT!

By the way, I am the media junkie of the family and was going to talk Rock Star into getting all the MediaNET packages you offered. Trust me that we will not be adding those features now.

Assholes.

Sincerely,
Amanda Monkey

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

This is great.

3/25/2006  
Blogger Ashley said...

DAMMIT! I knew cingular sucked-I would have warned you if I'd known you were looking for a new plan--but man, this sucks worse than their general sucking.

I hate, hate, hate the patriarchy.

3/25/2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Excellent letter. I hope you really sent it. :)

3/25/2006  
Blogger jlmack said...

Cingular 'cucks'. It galls me to see, in 2006, women are still defined as extensions of the men they marry. Boo.
I had a cell phone for 6 years in Japan. The day I turned it off for good was one of the happiest days of my life.
I will put off having a cell phone for as long as I humanly can.

3/25/2006  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

I have this SAME freaking issue with El Cingularo. I might be married to the guy, but his name shows up on caller ID with MY number on it. My girlfriends don't want my husband calling them, and if they do he can use his own damn phone, right?

Grrr. Argh.

3/27/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home