Mar 10, 2006

A Foggy Day and More Anti-Dog Signage

We drove through our new neighborhood yesterday on our way downtown (no, we weren't stalking our new house, of course not!) and look what we saw:

Another Bad Sign

I'm worried now about Yuck Mouth in the new neighborhood - I don't want him to become muffins!

Teak is hanging out with the Guatemalan Lord of Death, just in case the 'Cat Fish' part of the sign might refer to him:

Protection

...and the highrise buildings of the Chicago Loop rise above the fog:

Rising above the fog

I had to drive downtown a couple of nights ago. I was heading north on Lake Shore Drive after my meeting and there was this driving rain. It was rush hour and thus gridlock. I looked out my window, took a deep breath, and realized that I'm so happy to be back home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

And in just a few short months you'll be able to stay!!

Stay cautious, Teak, stay cautious!

3/10/2006  
Blogger Ashley said...

I had the same moment. But then I had to leave again. sigh.

Mutt muffins--hush puppies, do you think? Poor Yucks. That is the kind of thing that would keep Bailey up at night.

3/10/2006  
Blogger Dani said...

Aww, how cute.. home! I am so glad to hear you got to spend more time there :) I miss Teak!

3/10/2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

It's funny where we find the comforts of home.

3/10/2006  
Blogger jlmack said...

Um... what is a mutt muffin?
It sounds a bit evil.
I'm a bit frightened. I will try to find a pic and post it on my blog.
Even better, I'll try to recreate it in the kitchen at school!

3/10/2006  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

what a pretty pic of the city! teak hangs out with the wrong crowd ;) ummmm, catfish! need i say more?

3/11/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home