Mar 16, 2006

I'm it: Seven

So about a million years ago, I was tagged by Jaichan. It was my first tag - ever - and so exciting! I am trying not to read everyone else's first, because I always say, 'me, too!'.

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Finish my PhD, like Moe.
2. Have more puppies and a tortoise and some chickens. And maybe a human child.
3. Build a greenhouse in my backyard and install enough solar panels on our house to get off the electric grid.
4. Get paid to travel more and more and more. And to do it with Rock Star.
5. Catalog my family history, drawing a clear distinction between the wild fiction my imagination makes with the sketchy facts available.
6. Get a pilot's license and have a summer home in a Futuro.
7. Own my own piece of the desert that of course will be some sort of sanctuary or preserve after my death.

Seven Things I cannot do:
1. Any sport that involves flying balls that I have to hit or catch with bats or racquets or gloves.
2. Suffer fools.
3. Talk about my grad school experience for more than 10 minutes without crying (but I'm working on that).
4. Bake bread that actually rises.
5. Run 10 miles without stopping (but I'm working on that).
6. Go one week without eating cheese.
7. Win garden battles against squirrels.

Seven Things that attract me to my mate:
1. He nutures me without stifling me.
2. His eyes.
3. He can usually read my mind.
4. I can spend all my time with him and he never annoys me. This is a quality even most of my very best friends do not have.
5. His natural athleticism, especially those sports that involve flying balls that he has to hit or catch with bats or racquets or gloves.
6. His cooking and general foody-ness qualities and his secret ingredient.
7. His ability to get along with people.

Seven Books I love:
1. The Fountainhead
2. All the Trixie Belden books
3. House of the Spirits
4. Owen Meany
5. Anything Salinger, but especially 9 Stories
6. This Organic Life
7. Lonely Planet guides

Seven Things I say:
1. 'Shut your pie-hole'
2. 'Did you poop?'
3. 'Go poop! It's too hot/cold/rainy out here to dick around.'
4. 'Too early for food.'
5. 'I'm seriously going to jump off the top of this building if I don't finish this dissertation soon.'
6. 'Meh' or 'Mrrrr'
7. 'You've got to be kidding me.'

Seven Movies I've Loved:
1. Heathers
2. Red Sorghum
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Y Tu Mama Tambien
5. After Life
6. Brokeback Mountain
7. Walk the Line. #7 was briefly Fight Club, until I remembered JOHNNY! It's hard for me to choose only 7.

Seven People to Tag*:
1. MeBeth
2. Ashley
3. Kathy
4. Dancing Fish
5. Sweet Basil - in English, please!
6. Dani
7. Carrie and Carrie

*Most people have already done this. If I've tagged you and you have, disregard. Also, if you hate memes you can also disregard the request. Otherwise, 'fess up!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Seven Things I say:
1. 'Shut your pie-hole'
2. 'Did you poop?'
3. 'Go poop! It's too hot/cold/rainy out here to dick around.'
4. 'Too early for food.'
5. 'I'm seriously going to jump off the top of this building if I don't finish this dissertation soon.'
6. 'Meh' or 'Mrrrr'
7. 'You've got to be kidding me.

All of this only serves to further my suspicion that we were separated at birth.

3/16/2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh, I can't do any sport that involves flying balls, either. I always get bonked on the head. Heathers and Fight Club are both favorites of mine. Love those twisted greats...

3/16/2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, great, you switched out Fight Club, so now my previous comment looks silly! :p

3/16/2006  
Blogger janna said...

Wow -- another Trixie Belden fan!! There aren't too many of us, you know. What's weird is that I just found out that a co-worker, who I've known for 20 years, is also a fan, and managed to pass it on to both her daughter AND her son!

3/16/2006  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

he he he! love some of the answers made me giggle :)

3/17/2006  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Janna, Trixie is the BEST! I used to get $1/week allowance. The local Murphy's (a five-and-dime place) sold the paperbacks for $1.50 each. Every three weeks we would go and I would blow my entire allowance on the latest two (Mom paid the tax 'cos she probably felt sorry for her obsessive little daughter). Mom and Dad still have my collection somewhere, waiting to move to where I finally settle down.

I can't wait to read them again!

3/17/2006  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Woo Hoo - I'm it! And a week without cheese?? I don't think I can go a day without it. Sometimes I carry a little in my purse just in case I'm forced to eat a cheese free meal.

3/19/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home