Nov 28, 2007

In which my family does not prefer green vegetables

1_Greens

Rock Star and I packed up the monkey house and headed south for Thanksgiving.

Barley, of course, was all about the turkey...

2_watching_the_turkey

...but my aunt and uncle were having none of it and did an excellent job implementing the Turkey Block.

Fortunately for him, though, Bad Grandma was there and she knew she would be allowed to break the rules without consequence.

8_bad_grandma

Despite being surrounded by fowl and loads of dishes with cheese and/or sour cream as a main ingredient, Teak was happy sleeping the days away in his favorite chair at Mom and Dad's place.

4_sleeping

Rock Star and I kicked my brother and his wife's YOU-KNOW-WHATS in Euchre (yes, Nick, I get to tell the story as I want to since this is my blog!) and enjoyed the sunset.

9_moon

I hope your holiday was equally loving, peaceful, and nutritious.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It was!

11/29/2007  
Blogger Ashley said...

Aw, euchre! My fave. Yay midwest.

12/07/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, NOW I see why you let me get so drunk on Thanksgiving...so that you & Rock Star would have a fighting chance at Euchre & you could blog about it. It's all so clear to me now...or is now a moment of clarity? One of the two...

2/22/2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent post, thanks for share your memory.
African Fabrics, African Wax Print

3/25/2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home