Sep 8, 2005

Tibet

In answer to Moe, yes, I work in Tibet. Unfortunately, my work is mostly on remote-sensed data, so I haven't been able to join my group members on their many trips. I was, however, able to go in the Fall of 2003 for a month. If you wanna see an album of my favorite photos from that trip, go here.

The countryside is full of stunning colors and the Tibetans I met are strong and gentle. They have virtually nothing, but are always happy to invite you inside and share a cup of yak butter tea and 'conversation' that mostly consists of shy smiles.

Which reminds me of the power of a genuine smile....

View from Camp at Base of Layo Glacier

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say WOW! How cool is that?!?!?!?! What beautiful photos and thank you so much for sharing. How did you end up working with this job?

9/08/2005  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

beautiful! what a wonderful job you have...do you paln to go back with the group sometime soon?

9/09/2005  
Blogger Dani said...

What a beautiful picture :) I need to look back at that album again!

9/10/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home