Oct 26, 2005

Branching Out is 3!


3 repeats, that is. I really like how it's coming together so far and I can definitely see how blocking will make it that much better. I try to do only one repeat a night, because I start making careless mistakes when I'm tired. This is for my FMIL. I think it's safe to say it here because I don't think she reads this blog.

In local stitching news, the contest ends in 5 days. Remember, your story does not have to involve toilets...

In global knitting news, I just wanted to say that I just got a message that afghans for Afghans reached their goal of 5,000 hand-knit items for refugee children! It was apparently touch and go until the end, but you all rallied so they could reach it. Kudos.

In generally exciting news, The Grabs first album comes out November 8. This is the first release I've really looked forward to in a long time. I hope you don't let me down, Eleni. I suspect you won't, and I'll be dancing all the way to my diss defense.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Branching out is BEAUTIFUL!!

2) Your "Saving the Mittens" story was popssibly the most hysterical thing I have read in ages and ages, you had me laughing at work (which is... rare. You know.) Too! Funny!

3) I love your blog!

10/26/2005  
Blogger Dani said...

I love it! You are doing great :) I need to start one of those soon. Sending you lots of hugs from WY!

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your branching out looks so delicate and beautiful! I've got to get my act together and work on cozy...

10/28/2005  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

::blush::

Thanks for all the positive comments! It is going a little slowly, but I don't want to make any major mistakes on it since it's going to be gifted. The thing that I'm most excited about is I think the color is going to look amazing on the recipient...

10/28/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home