Oct 14, 2005

Enough Paparazzi

The worst part about making a surprise gift for Rock Star is that I can't post the in-progress photos, and boy are they good. You're really missing out.

So here's a photo of Tikka Masala helping me knit:

Flirt

...and here he is about 20 shots later:

Enough Paparazzi

I've been having a really tough week with my disseration. The problems are unfortunately internal, not external, and I continue to doubt every move I make, extending to my outside-grad-school world, what little of it there is.

This helps (a little):

Gold Star

It was given to me this morning by one of my friends here. I highly recommend everyone put a gold star on their computer monitor.

I also recommend having a stitch-and-bitch with the likes of Dancing Fish and Hamster-grrl. Which I am going to do. Tonight. Even though my roof is leaking and I haven't vacuumed the carpet. Maybe I'll even pop in the DVD of Gumbasia that I got for $1 at the Large Mart that I detest because I grew up in an area whose local towns were devastated by it but that I sometimes get sucked into anyway. If only SweetBasil, Dani, and Blogless Miss Molly were here too!

Hope y'uns have a good weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger amandamonkey said...

I'm having so many problems with my disserTATION that I can't even seem to spell it. I was just going to edit it out but have instead left it in for historical accuracy.

10/14/2005  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

very cute pictures of the kitty!!!i can't wait to see rock star's gift!!!! I hate going to large mart too, but when they have diapers a whole 3 dollars cheaper ya gotta cave once in awhile!

10/15/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grad school is funny thing isn't it? I mean, we're there to become more knowledgeable, confident, blah blah. Instead the end result is usually a person with a reduced sense of perspective, a disconnection with the real world, with debilitating fear of failure and a general lack of confidence in our own opinion. Believe me you are not alone.

Oh, and *when are they going to find out I'm a hack and don't belong here?* - you'd be surprised how many people feel that way.

10/15/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Amanda! You will be very happy to finish all these stuffs and be in the real world. I am glad that you had a stitch-n-bitch! I wish I was there to knit and drink with you.

10/15/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home