Oct 3, 2005

Rock Star Hiking Socks

I finally finished the Rock Star Hiking Socks:

PA010003

I tried to make one heel blue and the other foot striped, but because the yarn is really mottled, the effect is pretty subtle:

PA010004

Here are the essential details:
Yarn: 245 yards 'Citrus' handspun from Spiderweb Specialties and 25 yards of 'Double Spring Storm' for accent
Pattern: Highly modified 'Basic Sock Pattern' from Woolcott & Co, itself highly modified
Needles: #3 bamboo dpns
Recipient: Rock Star, that's why they're Rock Star Socks
Thoughts: The yarn makes a really thick and warm fabric and its natural fibers and handspun-i-ness make it a joy to work with. The cost is a little high for socks (~$27), so if I were using this yarn again, it would probably be for a project that doesn't go on feet! I know Rock Star likes crazy socks, but I hope these aren't too crazy for him....

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh i love the socks! they look soooo cozy:)

10/03/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These socks are lovely!!! I love the yarn and how the socks came out. Rock Star is truly lucky to receive such a nice pair of socks!

10/03/2005  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Oh man, those socks are incredible. My feet are cryin' for some.

10/04/2005  
Blogger Dani said...

Fun socks! I love the colors in those and I know Rock Star with love them!

10/05/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home