Nov 28, 2005

Thankful Monday


Inspired by Kathy's and Nmblefngers posts, here is a list of what I'm thankful for:

* I'm thankful for the freezing cold walk I'm going to take in a few minutes to the office because it means I am able to walk and have lots of clothes to keep me warm and an iPod to always have a soundtrack to my life.

* I'm thankful for all the worry and stress and woe of working on my dissertation because it means that I am capable of doing it. And I'm thankful that I live in a time that a woman can get an advanced degree in science.

* I'm thankful for the unknown-ness of my career path after grad school because it means that I have unlimited options.

* I'm thankful that I'm completely freaked out about the talk I have to give next week at The Big Conference because that means all the yayas and whohas are interested in what I have to say (errr, at least the conveners are).

* I'm thankful for the years apart from Rock Star because it means that I have found the most supportive. partner. ever. I'm also sooooo extra-thankful that the time apart is almost over.

* I'm thankful for my mother's perspective on my grandmother's recent diagnosis of Alzheimer's in which she said that Grandma has always seemed decades younger than her calendar age and now that she's acting 90 we are all shocked. And we shouldn't be.

* If you read my blog at all, you know I'm also thankful for my friends and family and home and our little zoo. And I'm thankful for my blog and my blog friends because they are providing a very-much-needed creative outlet.

Thanks, y'all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

okay, i see yummy cookies in the making! And, its too bad I am so far away! What great things to be thankful for...

11/28/2005  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love your post! Especially the part about your grandmother. A similar thing happened with my late grandmother five years ago. That comment about your grandmother brought tears to my eyes.

11/28/2005  
Blogger Jewels said...

What a great list...I love seeing another person with "positive thoughts", no matter how hard things may seem in the moment. Happy December days!

12/01/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home