May 2, 2006

Nice Day for a White Wedding

My brother's wedding was beautiful, as was his new wife and the weather in Pittsburgh. Really, we had such a - well - beautiful time.

We arrived at the rehearsal and my brother was decked out in a serious vintage powder blue tux:

Vintage!
His wife didn't know he would show up so spiffy so she was relatively underdressed but elegant nonetheless.

We headed to the hotel bar afterwards and had a few of these (hey, Carrie, recognize this?!):

Iron City Beer

Rock Star and I took a few self-portraits that night:

Self-Portrait

The next day was gleaming. The wedding went off without a hitch. Nick and my new SIL cut the cake at the reception:

Cake

The reception was So Fun. Here's a shot of part of the Insane Cousin Posse that I think captures the mood pretty well:

Insane Cousin Posse

After a weekend of revelry, some of this had to go down the gullet before I could bear to drive home:

Holiday Inn coffee tastes like a$$

Despite making a wrong turn after dropping Rock Star off at the airport (I shoulda gone west instead of east), I enjoyed a nice sunset in the ridges and valleys of Pennsylvania on my long drive back.

Sunset over the Ridge and Valley

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Looks like a lovely and wonderful time!! Plus you got to see your sweetie. :)

5/02/2006  
Blogger Nik said...

that tux is cracking me up.

5/02/2006  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Loved the tux! both of them looked so happy .... i wish them the best.. & you and rock star too!

5/02/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time! The pictures are all beautiful and I can just imagine the fun you had :) LOVE the prairie tunic too! I've been a bad blogger recently and need to catch up! -dani

5/02/2006  
Blogger DancingFish said...

That looks like a fantastic weekend!

5/02/2006  
Blogger carrie said...

iron city! i DO remember it! could go for one now ....

i'm glad you had such a good time in the 'burgh. (the airport is really confusing. it ain't really in pittsburgh.) it looked lovely.

5/03/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun wedding! That's great that you got to spend time with Rock Star...

I heart that tux.

5/03/2006  
Blogger Peevish said...

That beer looks really good!

5/04/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wedding looks lovely. All the best wishes for Rick and his wife!
I am glad you spent great time with your family and Rock Star.

5/06/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home