Sep 16, 2005

Tiki Time

The sock from my previous post is coming along nicely. It's looking mottled, like a really cool clay. I'll post some photos when my camera, computer, internet connection, and sock are all in one place.

In the interest of posting photos and keeping a record of what I've made for myself, here's a photo of my dear friend, for whom I made a Tiki apron a few years ago:

tiki

I never got a photo of it when I sent it to her, so I was very happy it was readily available for modeling while she made mojitos from coconut rum. I used a Sublime Stitching pattern. It's supersimple with a chain stitch, but I loved her designs and I'm always happy to help a new business out (FYI: I'm sure most of you have heard of her by now, so she really doesn't need my advertising!).

Rock Star is in town. We have a wedding on Cape Cod this weekend. I keep trying to remind myself that I'm so lucky to be able to travel so much before I start bitching about how. tired. I am. I'll look for some good textiles while I'm up there and keep you posted when I return.

In the meantime, check out Dani's new hand-painted yarn. Yummy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

LOVE IT!!!!

9/16/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home