May 13, 2006

Dye-O-Rama questionnaire

Dear Secret DOR Pal:

Here are some answers to the questionnaire that was posted a few days ago on the group blog. I know you're also in the 'WTF!' group so I want you to know that there's no pressure! I'm easy to please.

I can't wait to 'meet' you when this is all over.

Best,
Amanda

* Your favorite colors? Greens, reds, oranges - but I really like so many sorts of shades of many colors.
* Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Any is fine, but I like fingering or sport for socks.
* Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Depends on the day - sometimes I like wild and crazy; other days I prefer subtle color schemes.
* If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Any of those would be great, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it myself! Again, no pressure.
* Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Sure.
* Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Nyang Jiang. It's a river in Tibet that is very blue and sandy.


* What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Meeting more knitters and giving myself a timeline to dye my first yarn.
* Have you knit socks before? Yes.
* Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? I use it in whatever inspires me. I made some convertible mittens from self-striping sock yarn that I love.
* Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? 1 cat, Teak, 8 years old. 1 dog, Barley, 6 years old.
* If you were a color what color would you be? Green, I'm sure.
* Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. This is a hard one because I'm often inspired by things I read. Recently, this is on my personal email signature:
"The tragedy of modern war is that the young men die fighting each other - instead of their real enemies back home in the capitals." - Edward Abbey

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that would be a very cool colorway.

5/13/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home