May 18, 2006

32

One week from today I will be moving - permanently - into our place in Chicago. At that point in time I will be aged 32 years, 1 week.

Rock Star doesn't appreciate the Mona Lisa. You may remember her guest appearance from last fall, but here she is again in all her glory*:
Mona Lisa
Because Rock Star and I have agreed to decorate the place together and iterate on a style that works for us - instead of me and him - she needs to go (let's all sigh a collective 'boo!' - just kidding, Baby. ... Mostly).

Also, the retro Hawaiin theme isn't going to work in our new old place. That's why I'm sell ing my stuff.**

Besides, I don't want to carry any more down the stairs than I have to.


* Please excuse her tired-looking appearance. It was early in the morning and she hadn't had any caffeine yet.
** I'm only posting this here in case someone local really likes something. I know it's doubtful that anyone would want my old stuff! but if you're interested and you're near the Lehigh Valley I'm happy to give you a cut-rate deal.


PS - I know I talk all the time about my place being dirty and gross and a crackhouse. It is. But this stuff lived most of its life in the house I just sold or the apartment I had with Rock Star, both of which usually smelled nice. And I *did* clean my room before I moved into the apartment. I mopped and everything.

11 Comments:

Blogger LotusKnits said...

Happy Birthday! Good luck with the new place, I know how much moving sucks.

And so sorry to read about your dog.

5/18/2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy Birthday!!! I didn't realize that you were moving so soon - yay!!!!

5/18/2006  
Blogger Ashley said...

WOOT! I meant to ask you yesterday in email when "mid-May" was, but I forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5/18/2006  
Blogger janna said...

Happy Birthday! And good luck on the move!

5/18/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! I sent you something and it should arrive in Chicago today or tomorrow. Good luck with the move!

5/18/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday lady!!
-microbie

5/18/2006  
Blogger carrie said...

happy happy birthday! lots of luck with the cleaning and moving. very exciting!

5/18/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday! I'm so excited for you that you are moving so soon! 6 more sleeps...

That's too bad you have to turf Mona.

5/19/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I wish I was local! I would love your tv table and your red cabinet on wheels.

-microbie

5/19/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Belated I'm sure... I am working on your package!

Your secret dye-o-rama pal.
Betsy.

5/23/2006  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Good luck on your move (Chicago wow!) - and so sad about the Mona Lisa.

Happy birthday too! Another Gemini!? ;o)

6/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home