Jun 7, 2006

Birthday Love, East-Coast Style

Sweet Basil has really outdone herself. I was completely speechless and in tears when I opened my gift from her when I arrived home last week. It was a hand-made needle case and some yummy Korean and Japanese snacks.

Needle Case from SweetBasil

She wrote, "I had one rule making the knitting needles case - that was to use only the items that I already have." It turns out that many of the materials were recycled from thrifting and crafting trips we've taken over the years. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT and I really love that she stitched together so many of our shopping adventures into one beautiful, gorgeous piece.

Needle Case - Revealed!

The quilting classes she's taken have really paid off, as you can see in this detail:

Needle Case Detail

I am so very fortunate to have such a caring and thoughtful friend. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, Sweet Basil.

I do have one question. What's up with sending me an ass-coffee cookie?
Ass Cookie?

6 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

ok, you are the luckiest knit blogger around. that's a fabulous needle holder, and the book is great too! i think i need to buy it.

6/07/2006  
Blogger RheLynn said...

too funny on the cookie packaging ;o) Sweet Basil really did a wonderful job - those colours are so cheery and harmonious! A wonderful gift!

6/08/2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, that needle case is wonderful - especially all the memories stitched into it.

Mmmm... ass-coffee cookie...

6/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - love that needle case. (I'm gasping over the beautiful and thoughtful work).

I think I NEED mason dixon knitting.

6/09/2006  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Beautiful needle case! How did those ass-coffee cookies taste?

6/09/2006  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow! she really out did herself ;) its a work of art

6/10/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home