So about a million years ago, I was tagged by Jaichan
. It was my first tag - ever - and so exciting! I am trying not to read everyone else's first, because I always say, 'me, too!'.
Seven things to do before I die:
1. Finish my PhD, like Moe
2. Have more puppies and a tortoise and some chickens. And maybe
a human child.
3. Build a greenhouse in my backyard and install enough solar panels on our house to get off the electric grid.
4. Get paid to travel more and more and more. And to do it with Rock Star.
5. Catalog my family history, drawing a clear distinction between the wild fiction my imagination makes with the sketchy facts available.
6. Get a pilot's license and have a summer home in a Futuro
7. Own my own piece of the desert that of course will be some sort of sanctuary or preserve after my death.
Seven Things I cannot do:
1. Any sport that involves flying balls that I have to hit or catch with bats or racquets or gloves.
2. Suffer fools.
3. Talk about my grad school experience for more than 10 minutes without crying (but I'm working on that).
4. Bake bread that actually rises.
5. Run 10 miles without stopping (but I'm working on that).
6. Go one week without eating cheese.
7. Win garden battles against squirrels.
Seven Things that attract me to my mate:
1. He nutures me without stifling me.
2. His eyes.
3. He can usually read my mind.
4. I can spend all my time with him and he never annoys me. This is a quality even most of my very best friends do not have.
5. His natural athleticism, especially those sports that involve flying balls that he has to hit or catch with bats or racquets or gloves.
6. His cooking and general foody-ness qualities and his secret ingredient.
7. His ability to get along with people.
Seven Books I love:
1. The Fountainhead
2. All the Trixie Belden
3. House of the Spirits
4. Owen Meany
5. Anything Salinger, but especially 9 Stories
6. This Organic Life
7. Lonely Planet
Seven Things I say:
1. 'Shut your pie-hole'
2. 'Did you poop?'
3. 'Go poop! It's too hot/cold/rainy out here to dick around.'
4. 'Too early for food.'
5. 'I'm seriously going to jump off the top of this building if I don't finish this dissertation soon.'
6. 'Meh' or 'Mrrrr'
7. 'You've got to be kidding me.'
Seven Movies I've Loved:
2. Red Sorghum
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Y Tu Mama Tambien
5. After Life
6. Brokeback Mountain
7. Walk the Line
. #7 was briefly Fight Club
, until I remembered JOHNNY! It's hard for me to choose only 7.
Seven People to Tag*:
4. Dancing Fish
5. Sweet Basil
- in English, please!
*Most people have already done this. If I've tagged you and you have, disregard. Also, if you hate memes you can also disregard the request. Otherwise, 'fess up!